The difference between energy audits and assessments.

The following regulations specify different concepts and controls to be followed in order to carry out an energy audit.

Royal Decree 235/2013, of 5 April, which approves the basic procedure for the certification of the energy performance of buildings, defines the concept of energy performance certificate of existing building and competent technician.

The RITE, Reglamento de Instalaciones Termicas en Edificios, specifies the controls of air-conditioning systems and boiler inspections.

In the standard UNE-EN 16247-1: "Energy audits. Part 1: General requirements", defines the concepts of energy audit and energy assessment.

These documents are managed by a competent technician, specialist in energy, who according to the R.D. has the corresponding authorisation in the matter. The person who is authorised to carry out the energy audit and the energy assessment is the energy auditor. The technician who is only authorised to issue energy performance certificates cannot carry out an energy audit or energy assessment.

Authorised person: Only with a valid certificate from an energy auditor can you carry out the process.

The energy price report is based on the extent and complexity of the building or project assessed. They range from 182 € to 220 € for larger projects. For a specific offer please use the contact form.

In practice, you may encounter a total of four types of energy assessment:

  1. Assess the feasibility of alternative energy supply systems.
  2. Assess the feasibility of introducing electricity or heat supply.
  3. Assessing the feasibility of projects financed under grant programmes.
  4. Evaluation of the performance parameters of projects implemented under grant programmes.

The energy assessment contains:

a) Title page.

b) Purpose of the management in accordance with the regulations.

c) Identification data.

d) Scope.

e) Assessment of the specialist energy technicians authorised to manage the energy assessment.

f) Registration form for the energy assessment.

g) A copy of the authorisation issued in accordance with the regulations and a copy of the personal authorisation to carry out this activity under the legislation of another Member State of the European Union.

Are you interested in an energy audit and/or energy assessment?Contact us